Monday, October 29, 2007

Niecy Nash and Hot Chocolate

Today, Monday 10/29/2007, was my first day of my Maternity Leave. Totally weird, not having to go to work. And yet NOT being laid off. Messing with me.

Nice to be off work w/o worrying about job hunting and resume writing. Nice to know my job will be there when I get back. But weird to be off work in order to be Suzy Homemaker and a new Mom!!! :)

My Gestational Diabetes doctor said I could get away with an occasional hot chocolate. My numbers have been decent enough.

Sunday night, I gave in to that urge and had a Nestle French Vanilla Hot Chocolate, with cinnamon dumped in to hopefully reduce the sugar spike. [Cinnamon is supposed slow down the digestion of whatever you're eating.]

My husband isn't fond of the French Vanilla. I however thought it was divine.

I had it rather late, as my husband was working on some documentation, and wanted me to look it over when he was done. I had it in part to help me stay up. I mean, what did it matter to me? I could sleep in Monday.

Well, I was still ready to fall over. My husband sent me to bed... it was almost 2am. I ended up reading his document after he got home from work Monday.

While in bed, drifting off, my unborn son started to go hyper. If he had been outside my belly, he'd have been running laps around the block! Oops. He definitely got the first jolt of sugar and caffeine.

Two hours later, at about 4am, I woke up to pee. Because that's what I do all night... wake up every 1 or 2 hours to pee. I came back to bed, lay down, and promptly started sneezing. My husband had to be up early, and as I lay there, blowing my nose, I realized I was WIDE AWAKE. The caffeine and sugar had reached me now, somehow...

I got up and took the dogs, some water, and some kleenex with me. The water, because, in spite of the fact that my bladder is squashed into a container the size of a grape, I'm supposed to be drinking 128 ounces of water a day since I'm pregnant. I never make it, but I get about 5/8 or 6/8 of the way there, as judged by how many 16 ounce bottles of water I can drink.

Now, most people know they should be drinking eight eight-ounce glasses, or 64 ounces. Because their bladders are normal sized, and it makes no sense to send them running to the bathroom as often. It's just not as funny w/o the pregnant waddle. It's definitely a sight-gag. I know there must be camera's hidden throughout the house just to capture each of my frantic trips to the bathroom.

So I'm sitting there, in the recliner, flipping through channels. I see this show called "Clean House". It reminds me of "Clean Sweep", which is one of those shows that brings me great hope. You see, I am a packrat, and I live in a packrat's house. Watching other packrat's find a cure always gives me hope.

Well, "Clean House" is totally just like "Clean Sweep". So I settle in to have my hope renewed.

I'm up watching it for a while. The host... looks... REALLY familiar. Like she should be wearing a police uniform, with her hair up, and brandishing a gun. In Nevada.

I do some checking. Sure enough, it's Niecy Nash, the funny black chick from Reno 911, which my husband and I are addicted to.

I end up watching more of the show just for her! I've already become a big fan of her comedic talent, as well as the talent of all the other actors and actresses on that under-appreciated show, Reno 911.

But it was really weird. Houses got clutter tossed out, and some very nice changes done to them. Home-owners were blown away with being able to see their floors again. But no-one got arrested, nothing got blown up. Made it very surreal.

At 6am, I finally felt tired again. Crawled back into bed. My husband woke me up when he got ready to leave. I then passed back out until 1:30pm!

Yikes. And Day 1 began.

Crawled out of bed. Fed the dogs. Pricked my finger. Fed myself. Pricked my finger again. Folded laundry. Did more laundry. Ironed some pants for my husband. And that was it. Didn't accomplish anything more other than faxing in my Gestational Diabetes numbers and sending some emails.

So much for Suzy Homemaker. :P Guess I can't be too hard on myself. 3 weeks and 2 days to go on the pregnancy.

No comments: