Friday, October 28, 2005

New bunny funny

So, I'm taking care of some friends pets while they are out of town.

They have a cute bunny named Fluffy.

We have two German Shepherds, Boss and Ellie.

Our dogs have a bit too large of a prey drive. We want to get them to understand that not everything smaller than they are and not a dog or a human is ok to go chase down. [We'd especially like them to figure that out with regards to skunks!]

Well, I think Ellie isn't too much of a prey chaser. But Boss definitely tries to go after cats he sees when we are walking him.

I talked to my husband W about bringing the dogs over to our friends yard, letting the rabbit out of the hutch, and letting the dogs, while safely on leash, meet the rabbit.

My husband commented that that could be very funny. One of us said "Yeah, new bunny funny."

This has since become our phrase for doing stupid or ironic things that take a person out of the gene pool, especially if it's a very gory exit from the pool.

We haven't had much reason to use the phrase recently...

Well, I've been lamenting that no-one appears to be reading my blog. Of course, they could be reading and not posting, but there's no easy way for me to tell that. I joked that I was beginning to feel desperate for attention here... maybe I should tell my Parents or my Sister about my blog.

My husband joked "Yeah, that could be really new bunny funny." ;)

4 comments:

Jim said...

Hi SS ...

delurking here! I'm a fellow-SoS reader and CBB-follower, and I drop in here every once in a while.

Probably 90% of my blog-readers are family ... wife, parents, siblings, cousins, in-laws ... it's a great way to increase your readership! But the downside is that it can dramatically restrict your subject matter! (sex, politics and religion are pretty much off-limits on my blog!)

BTW, there are a number of pretty easy solutions to monitoring your visitors; one of the most common free trackers for blogs is Site Meter (www.sitemeter.com). There are others though... I'm not spamming!

nancy =) said...

i'm here!! i read...don't always comment, but i always read...ciao...

Sith Snoopy said...

Thanks, guys!

;)

Alex said...

Thanks to you leaving a comment on my blog (which I replied to) you have a brand-new reader. :)