Monday, October 17, 2005

Ramble ramble

Feeling much better. Bronchitis is mostly gone.

My husband and I both went to work today.

The whole week of coughing up a lung, sleeping, eating, playing with the dogs, and being a total couch potato seems to have done us some good. Well, me at least. I hardly felt stressed.

Anyway, I had a peaceful day of just getting code written and tested for my project. That was totally cool.

So our friend, R, her Mom just had a triple by-pass. She needed me to give her and her daughter a ride to the airport tonight, so she could fly to Canada and be with her Mom and the rest of her family. R's husband is still on travel for work.

I hate seeing R go through this. It's been pretty scary. I know what she's going through: my Mom had a very scary time a couple of years ago until doctor's figured out what she needed: a pacemaker to keep her heart pumping adequately and meds to keep her heart from beating TOO quickly! My Mom's got congestive heart failure, which she'll never get over, but which is treatable, and something she's been able to live with. She has good days and bad days.

Well, R's Mom has had several heart attacks, one right after having had stints put in. R's Mom is one of the unlucky few who react badly to the stints... it even made the heart attack worse than it would have been w/o the stints. :( R's about 10 years younger than I am. Her Mom's 10 or 20 years younger than my Mom! This is just too early.

I badly wanted to hug R and her daughter before I put them on the plane... but having just gotten over my bronchitis bug, I was afraid I'd give it to R or to her daughter... and from them then to R's Mom. :P Not good.

So that's what's going on right now. Hope things are going well with the rest of the world. :) Hang in there, guys.

Godspeed.

1 comment:

nancy =) said...

glad to hear you're getting back in the swing of things =)...warn thoughts going out for your friend's mom...peace...