Thursday, September 22, 2005

Tired

Being wired up is not the best way to get a good night's sleep.

So, at first glance, I don't have sleep apnea. Yeah!!!!!!

It will take 2 weeks for the results to come back on any sleeping problems I may have
in general.

Also, if you have the sleep test, where they wire you up, be sure of the following:

1. Bring any special pillows you are used to sleeping on. Which I didn't do.
2. Check the bed ahead of time. The bed I had was one of those cool beds where you could set the sleep number, i.e., it would blow up with air or expel air to adjust how hard or soft the bed was.

Check it, because although the bed was comfortable enough for chilling and watching tv, it was not inflated enough for comfortable sleep. And guess what? The remote control and/or the power for the inflator? Not functional. Oops.

Everything else was fine. The sleep lab I was in was totally cool. The people were awesome.

Going to the bathroom while wired up, and trying to hold the box all the wires were hooked up to... very, very interesting.

Anyway, although they assured me I got some sleep, I really didn't feel like I had in the morning! :)

3 comments:

Sublime said...

I've never been to a sleep lab, but would love to do it. I sleep horribly and have for a long time.

Let me know what they recommend!

Take care,
Sublime

nancy =) said...

i'm happy for you that they ruled out apnea...i can't wait till you post the rest of the results...have you been sleeping any better since you started the diet and exercise thing? it definately helped me...peace...

Sith Snoopy said...

Sublime, if you have sleep apnea, they may recommend using this weird thing known as a CPAP, I think. I can't remember what that stands for, but it blows air into your nose, which depending upon the kind of blockage you have, will make you able to breath at night.

If you have problems falling asleep, they might recommend taking melatonin.

Nancy, I have been sleeping better, but I'm not sure how much is attributable to the diet and exercise, and how much is attributable to the melatonin!!

I've lost 14.5 pounds so far... I seem to have plateaud for the moment. I did have a cheating week last week... celebrating my 7th Wedding anniversary and all. :)

Will keep you posted when I have the results back. :)