Sunday, August 05, 2007

Freaking Out

I'm a little spooked about my and the baby's health right now. I normally have a bit of IBS: Irritable Bowel Syndrome. But being pregnant makes you, uhm, have alot of constipation. Ironically, when my IBS isn't kicking in, I normally kindof have to consciously push.

But now, with pregger constipation, I have to push more, or accept it not coming out in a more, uhm, timely manner.

Every time I push, am worried about accidentally starting contractions. :P So far, no problem, but I think I'd better, uhm, start eating prunes or something, LOL! Start thinking of myself as an elderly woman. :)

Fiber, anyone? ;)

I heard that the prenatal vitamins can also cause some constipation. All the extra iron.

You know it's bad when you find yourself ensuring you get some dairy on an empty stomach to have your slight dairy intolerance give you a little, uhm, boost, LOL!

A fellow pregger told me that I can't push the baby out that way. Your cervix is going to get in the way, LOL.

The other thing that's freaking me out is that my heart murmur seems to be a little more worse past few days. I hoped I was just hearing things last night. Like maybe the extra hard heart beat was my esophagus contracting. I sometimes get some acid reflux. Or plain old heart burn, especially now that I'm preggers.

This morning I took a stethoscope out, listened. Yep. It's my heart. It's like listening to someone jump rope, and then trip. They stumble for a few hard steps, then get back in gear. Same sorta sound.

I ironically have a heart ultrasound scheduled Monday at 8am, thanks to my ObGyn. Heart murmurs can need extra special care during the birth. Not sure if there are also pregnancy concerns.

A coworker told me, before I got preggers, that some friend of his died from a heart murmur. Of course, this morning, that's what I was thinking about, LOL!

I thought about how heart problems can be made worse from lack of sleep. I had tried to get up early so it would be easier to get up early Monday morning. I crawled back into bed and slept for another 2.5 hours, and when when my husband woke, I told him about it. Didn't want to freak him out that early, so had waited for him to wake. He and I had some really good cuddling. He also called the dogs onto the bed, and we had some good doggy cuddling, as well, LOL. :)

My friend Kenya, a fellow fanfic writer, called during a lull in a sci-fi/fantasy convention she's been attending since Friday. We had a good, funny chat, in which I also did some venting. That helped. Hopefully didn't stress her out.

I vented on another friend, a coworker. And I vented on a Pregnancy site.

I am SO female. Once I vented on my husband, two friends, and a Pregnancy site, I felt better, LOL! Problems aren't solved, but I felt better! I think I needed to, uhm, spread the stress around.

Same pregger person who told me I couldn't accidentally push the baby out, also told me that when you are preggers, you have about 50% extra blood. Your heart increases in size a little to try to tackle that. So, my heart skipping a beat is probably totally normal, considering.

Pregnancy is SO weird.

Anyway, that's been my life. Ah, pregnancy stress. :)

No comments: