Friday, January 12, 2007

Ah, Crap: Termites. Also, my fav. You-Tubes.

So we have termites. And we have to get the house tented. So we have to double-bag all the food with these specially provided bags. And we have to take some valuables (money or jewelry) out, just to be safe, per the exterminators.

One of my office-mates claims that he had his house robbed during the tenting, most likely by the actual tenters! So I'm tempted to also take all our laptops and various electronics out with me when I go stay elsewhere.

My husband is on travel during the week. This is bad, since he won't be around to support me. But it is also good, as I can do what I need to w/o distractions, and he can concentrate on work while I handle the whole nightmare.

[His job is stressful enough w/o being here while his wife is going majorly OCD over the situation. :) ]

I feel like it's a kind of situation that I'm more adapted to. I mean, I'm female, so coordinating everything (i.e., coordinating complex situations involving who needs to be where, when, etc.) is almost 2nd nature. It's almost like coordinating a party. Except, I don't think anyone would want to come over to our place during the tenting and wear Hazmat suits while drinking and partying!!!

The one really good thing... I never finished cleaning up mouse poo in the part of the cupboards that the mouse got loose in. I got the dishes cleaned (with a few small exceptions), but never cleaned the food. Since we now have to double-bag the food that will stay in the house, and since we have just alot of old food built up in the house in general, I realize this is an opportunity to say "screw it" and toss out the mouse-poo'd food that won't survive the fumigation w/o being bagged.

Yea!!!!! :)

So, that's my life for the next several days: bagging food (or other stuff that is consumable, like alcohol, etc.), and getting the house prepped, the dogs put in a doggy hotel, etc.

So while I'm stressing and pulling my hair out, I think it behooves me to bring a positive note to this post. Without further ado, here are my favorite You Tube posts. Enjoy. :)




Hypothermia Induced Tourette Syndrome*
They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!
End of Ze World*
Shoes*

* Warning: Foul language.

Chad Vader, store manager:
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5 (Holiday Special)

Chad Vader Holiday Greeting
New Years Chad Vader Greeting

Even the updates on future (well, in this case, past) Chad Vader episodes are funny:
Chad Vader 4 Delayed
Chad Vader 5 Update

Chad Vader episodes may or may not have foul language. Honestly, I can't remember.

Short version of Pulp Fiction is outside YouTube. And extra filthy, by design. Worse than Hypothermia Induced Tourette's Syndrome. So beware. But it's really funny. ;)

Anyone have any You Tube gems you wish to add to the list? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Termites! Sure hope everything is uneventful as possible under the circumstances.

I don't have any YouTube gems to add, although I highly recommend the "laughing guy" I posted a few days ago. That one still makes me smile every time I watch it.

And now if you'll excuse me, I have some serious Chad Vader catching-up to do. Thanks!